From the Racine Dominican Mission
Through various ministries, the Dominican sisters seek to proclaim truth and promote justice
• by holding the world in prayerful solidarity;
• by addressing immediate needs of those oppressed and alienated by injustice;
• changing unjust attitudes, structures, and systems through education and other forms of constructive influence;
• by helping to affect actual advances toward fuller justice whenever it is within our power to do so. (Constitution 8.1)
Direction Statements | Chapter 2014
God’s call and our desire as Racine Dominicans is to engage wisdom and embrace the evolving future. Therefore we will:
• live our mission, Committed to Truth; Compelled to Justice, by collaborating courageously with others to address societal needs.
• commit to grow as a hope-filled, contemplative presence actively engaged in a world hungry for meaning and basic human rights.
• engage in an over-arching study regarding our legacy: people, sponsored ministries, properties, and finances.
• engage in intentional discussions about membership issues and associate relationship.