Racine Dominican Mission Grants Program
Calling all Wisconsin-based nonprofits committed to taking bold action for justice and equity in our communities!
The Racine Dominicans are Committed to Truth and Compelled to Justice, a mission that has been the cornerstone of our life and work. For more than 160 years, the Racine Dominicans have continued to build on the foundation started by Mother Benedicta and Mother Thomasina through their tireless work to serve those in the margins.
To help further this mission and the work of justice, the Racine Dominicans have partnered with Forward Community Investments to create the 2024 Racine Dominicans Mission Grant Program.
What is the Mission Grants Program?
The program will offer ten (10) $50,000 grants to nonprofits pursuing Wisconsin-based and focused projects tackling crucial issues in the areas of:
- Immigration/Migration (Projects that will help provide services to directly support & assist the immigrant or migrant population.)
- Affordable Home Ownership Solutions (Projects or programs that will increase individual ownership and/or help provide pathways to ownership amongst disadvantaged persons and families.)
- Climate Equity (Environmental projects that mitigate damage to air, water, and soil that serve disadvantaged populations that typically challenged with accessing similar services or support.)
Mission Grants Program Eligibility and Criteria
- Open to 501(c)(3) organizations (or projects fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 organization) with consideration given to projects that meet the following criteria:
- Serving an unmet or under met need
- Actively collaborating with other community organizations to amplify impact
- Working to address racial equity within the scope of the project
- Inclusion of an educational component to raise awareness
- Project will advocate for systemic change and long-term impact
- Proximity to Racine will be preferred between projects of equal merit
- In addition, applicants must be able to provide evidence of the organizations solvency, ability to carry out it's mission, and capacity to deploy funding to execute the project within a reasonable timeframe (12-18 months).
Ready to join FCI and Racine Dominicans in the fight for a brighter, more equitable future for Wisconsin? Head to our website below to view more detailed guidelines and application instructions.
Timeline for Grant Program
- Applications open January 30, 2024
- Applications close March 30, 2024
For additional information and application links, visit the Forward Community Investments website here.